Thursday, April 7, 2011

Senator Toomey comments today

I spoke to Senator Toomey on Thursday before the government shutdown. He said, "I am discouraged. Both sides are very far apart. The Democrats will not compromise. I expect a government shutdown." While $30, 000 year government workers will not receive their salary during the shutdown, Toomey plans to take his salary of $174,000 during the shutdown.

While Philadelphians are used to their elected officials in Washington bringing home the federal dollars, Toomey said, "I ran on a platform of fiscal restraint and won. I am not planning to bring home the pork for Pennsylvanians. We will just have to wait until my reelection to see how they feel about the lack of dollars."

I will be writing more over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment